Family Matters Counseling Services provides parenting classes that include, but is not limited to, guided instruction, discussion, independent/group practice and exercises. The individual will explore fundamental principles and primary competencies of parenting. The topics covered here include, but are not necessarily limited to, the purpose of parent education, parenting styles, stress management, child development, self-esteem and autonomy, effective communication, discipline, limit setting, cooperation, problem solving, anger management, abuse, and safety.
Individual learning objective are:
- Acquire knowledge on parenting styles
- Recognize/differentiate between best and least positive parenting practices
- Increase self awareness of their predominate style of parenting
- Develop and demonstrate ability to apply positive parenting skills
- Demonstrate understanding of how different parenting styles impact children.
Demonstrate understanding of parenting fundamentals taught in the course. If you’re interested to know more about our parenting classes, don’t hesitate to get in touch. Perhaps, you’d want to refer a friend or relative who’s going through parenting troubles? Please feel free to contact us.